Friday, May 11, 2018

My piracy philosophy

Just a little background on my philosophy on piracy in Eve Online.

I'm strictly solo. I enjoy the hunt. While joining a fleet or gatecamp will reduce my risk, there's no thrill. So I prefer to hunt on my own in all areas of low, null, and wormhole space. There'll be the odd occasion of high-sec shenanigans like can-baiting, but I don't find that style particularly fun.

I prefer to fly quick and cloaky, so my hulls of choice are the Astero (Bastero!), the Raptor, and all stealth bombers. I've tried bigger hulls like the Stratios and Curse, but found that bigger hulls encouraged me to take on dangerous foes, which is the opposite of piracy. If you're targeting rich, defenceless ships, then you don't necessarily need to fly something big and expensive.

My target of choice is the unarmed explorer, although I'll also take on anything else that's relatively defenceless or profitable like miners, haulers, scouts, rookies and alts. 

PVE-wise, I try to stick to low sec where possible. If I take some, I gotta give some as well. Again, it's the thrill, but this time of being hunted. Seriously, if you want to maximise your fun in Eve, get out of high sec!

I have no end goal in mind, except to see my coffers rise with ill-gotten loot. Yarrrrr! 

No comments:

Post a Comment